WINNERS of the 2010 LONE STAR CHAPTER AWARDS
* GERALD LANGHAM – the Virginia Murray Brewer Outings Award
* PAT MORRIS and DEWAYNE QUERTERMOUS – the Chapter Conservation Award
* THE CIBOLO CONSERVATION CORRIDOR INITIATIVE, CIBOLO NATURE CENTER – Evelyn R. Edens Award for River Protection
* NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS COMMUNITIES ALLIANCE and ROGER SIGLIN – Special Service Award
* GALVESTON BEACH TO BAY, BILL BROUSSARD DIRECTOR – Hermann Rudenberg Award for Coastal Protection
* RUSSEL AND KAREN DALGLISH SEAL – Chapter Service Award
* FORT WORTH WEEKLY – Environmental Reporting
* CHARLES KRUVAND – Art in Service to the Environment Award
WHAT: DINNER & AWARDS CEREMONY. RSVP Jerome Collins, Lone Star Chapter (512-477-1729) $40 per person.
WHEN: SATURDAY, APRIL 9, 2011, 6 PM
WHERE: CHEZ ZEE AMERICAN BISTRO
5406 Balcones Dr, Austin Tx 78731, 512-454-2666
CONTACTS: For dinner reservations and ticket purchase ($40 per person) RSVP Jerome Collins, Lone Star Chapter (512-477-1729).
The Lone Star Chapter of the Sierra Club annually recognizes Sierra Club members and others who have done outstanding work in pursuit of environmental protection or in furthering the goals and activities of the Sierra Club. Most of the nominations for these chapter awards come from chapter and group leaders.
It is important that our volunteers and other people who give their time to the work of the Sierra Club or to environmental protection and natural resource management in general are recognized for their efforts. They are the foundation on which the Sierra Club and protection of the environment rest. Giving awards is one way we honor these people.
The dinner will feature remarks from WILLIAM AND LANNY SINKIN, of Solar San Antonio, winners of the 2009 Special Service Award.
Thanks to the 2010 Awards Committee – Judith Aronow, Rita Beving, Teresa Carrillo (Chair), Margot Clarke, Sandra Grimes, and Dave Wells.