SXSW Eco 2013 is almost here!
The conference will be held October 7-9 at the Austin Convention Center.
SXSW is a brand that promotes bringing people together through music, film, interactive, and educational events, but in 2011 SWSX, created an Eco portion of it’s brand to focus on discovering “ways to make humanity more ecologically sustainable”.
The program themes this year will be:
- Climate Change
- Behavior, Education, & Health
- Food & Agriculture
- Land & Water
- Policy & Activism
The schedule includes panel, dual, and solo talks as well as meet ups, book signings, field trips, keynote speakers, and workshops that cover a wide range of topics.
A few examples are:
- Bright Leaf Field Trip Hosted by Sierra Club
- Ron Finley Opening Remarks: Nothing in Nature is Straight
- The Elegant Connection: Reaching Consumers through Health for the Environment
- How to Futureproof Cities
- What the Frack? Climate Justice and Our Culture
Are you wondering how you can get in on this innovative, environmental discussion? You can purchase a 3-day badge here or volunteer during a portion of the conference. Another possibility is through promotions – if you search, you may find offers from different places for free badges.
To learn more about SXSW Eco, take a look at the video below that recaps last years conference and visit www.sxsweco.com.
We hope to se you there!